1. Disassemble the pump and wash the interior surfaces in vinegar. Clean intake grill.
2. Use a tube cleaning brush to thoroughly clean all the pipes. If you do not have a tube cleaning brush one can be purchased from most pet stores or online through eBay.
3. Replace or clean any filter media.
4. Wipe down heater
5. Rinse filter grid plates in vinegar
6. Remove the inlet/outlet. Soak in vinegar to loosen any organic build up.
7. Use pipe cleaner to clean air hose and interior surfaces of build-up. Rinse off any remaining vinegar carefully with water before reinstalling.