Step 1: Fitting the battery
Use a brand new standard 9v battery
1. Take off the battery cover
2. Push in the battery. The label in the battery compartment shows which way round to put it. Accidentally putting it in the wrong way round will not do any harm.
3. Slide the battery cover back on the pump.
4. The alarm will sound for about 15 seconds and fade away after the battery is fitted. This alarm sound is to let you know the unit is now operational and the battery has charge.
Step 2: Attach the dosing line
Attach the dosing line to the Syringe you selected. The conector on the dosing line will lock onto the tip of the Syringe by turning it clockwise.
Step 3: Fill the Syringe
With your thumb, push the plunger of the Syringe all the way to the end to squeeze out the air. Then place the tip of the dosing line into the solution you wish to dose and slowly and gently draw back with the Syringe to fill it. This will take some time as the solution is being drawn through the fine dosing line. Do not force the Syringe as it may break. Draw back slightly past the capacity of the syringe. eg on a 30mL Syringe draw back only a little past the 30mL mark
Step 4: Fit the dosing tip
Install the dosing tip on to the end of the dosing line and push slightly until the plunger is at the capacity marker for the Syringe eg: 20mL Syringe should have the plunger at the 20mL mark exactly. Note how the end of the plunger is the following diagram.
Step 5: Install the Syringe into the pump
1. Put the syringe on top of the pump, with its barrel in the V-shaped recess.
2. Move the actuator up to the syringe plunger. This is done by pressing and holding in the white button on the side, and sliding it along. The push-button on the plunger of the syringe must be fitted in the slot in the actuator.
3. Put the rubber strap over the top of the syringe barrel and pull it tight. Hook and then press it into the groove in the side of the case.